Who doesn't love a great bowl of soup! This tried and true recipe is a great vegan option as well as a great dinner appetizer for sweet and flavorful start to a light dinner fare.
1. Place the diced onion into a large saucepan with light coconut oil over medium heat for ten minutes. This allows the onion to sauté without sticking to the pan. Be sure to stir a few times.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, rosemary, nutmeg and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the sweet potatoes, vegetable stock or broth and lime/lemon zest and juice to the pot and bring the pot to a boil over high heat.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, covered, for about 25-30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
5. Puree the soup using and immersion blender or in batches in a blender with a tight fitting lid.
6. Return the soup to the pot and add the almond milk, cooking for an additional 5 minutes, seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste.Posted by Sales Manager on