If you’re doing seemingly everything in your power to make your Bahamas home for sale as desirable to potential buyers as possible, these unexpected buyer turnoffs might be the unforeseen cause:
- Mismatched flooring You may not expect this to be such a major turnoff because, who pays that much attention to floors when they enter a home, right? Well, buyers do. While you or your home’s original decorator could see variations in floor types (different shades of hardwood or alternating tiles) as a decorative domestic masterpiece, all your buyers will envision is the cost of fixing the flooring.
- Dirty laundry This is probably a more obvious buyer turnoff. If your dirty laundry can be seen anywhere in your home, buyers are likely to assume the rest of the home is just as tainted and completely reconsider looking further. While on the topic of cleaning, be sure to eliminate all signs of mold or mildew as this can be just as much of a turnoff.
- Dirty windows Of course, uncleanliness in all aspects is a main cause of turning off buyers. Clean windows can make the property as a whole more attractive as it allows buyers to gaze at the scenery outside while letting in light for an appealing glow. Also, avoid single-pane windows as they can let in unnecessary noise and scare off buyers.
- Limit the lighting In contrast, too much light can be just as much of a turn off. Excessive light can let in excessive heat, making the house just a tad less desirable.
- Visible pet food bowls Of course pet lovers tend to ignore the smell of their pets of their home, but even if there is no prevalent animal smell in your home, any trace of their presence could drive buyers away. Water and food bowls throughout your home are a major turnoff, especially for neat-freak