A Permit to Acquire Property is required by all non-Bahamians acquiring an interest in land if the property is undeveloped land with two or more adjoining acres. A Permit is also required if the intended use is not as an owner-occupied property.
Non-Bahamians Acquiring an interest in land if the property is undeveloped land Acquiring an interest in two or more adjoining acres Bahamians are also required to apply for a permit where the intended use is not as an owner-occupied property. Process: (Can be done by your attorney).
- Complete the entire Form 3.
- Submit Form 3 to the Secretary to the Investments Board, along with the list of documents identified below.
- As applicable, the application is also reviewed by the Securities & Intelligence Branch of the Royal Bahamas Police Force and Government Ministries, depending on the nature of commercial activity proposed.
- Once approved, an approval letter is prepared.
- Upon receipt of an approval letter, the applicant must pay the required fee at the Public Treasury.
- A copy of the receipt must be returned to the Investments Board. The Board then issues the Permit to Acquire Property.
Forms and Information provided at www.bahamas.gov.bs